The Aztech In-Home Display empowers you to take charge of your energy use and costs.
The easy to use Aztech In-Home Display enables you to monitor your whole home electricity usage. It shows you how much electricity you are using, when you are using it and how much it costs.
The Aztech IHD provides accurate, real-time electricity use information direct from your Smart meter. You never have to update pricing or Daylight Savings time changes as they are automatically updated.
The Aztech Light Arc: Conservation information at its simplest
The light sweeps from left to right across the Aztech’s Light Arc. The color changes as your electricity rate changes; and the speed of the movement increases as your electricity use increases.
Feature rich and easy to use
The Aztech displays current electricity usage, Quick Read, 24 hour and 28 day screens, as well as detailed summary screens for each time period and tier price. In addition it will display electricity generation information, where supported by utility companies.
Note: If you are an industrial or commercial user with a ZigBee transformer meter, the meter may need to be configured by your utility to allow the IHD to display usage data properly. This should be confirmed prior to placing your IHD order.
A few simple steps from purchase to energy savings:
No hassle installation
- Communicates wirelessly to the Smart meter on your home (check out this short video about Smart meter communication).
- No utility or electrician installation required – just plug it in!
- Then, charge the integrated battery for four hours before turning on your Aztech (your IHD is designed to be used while plugged in, but the battery enables Quick Reads*).
- Follow your electrical utility’s directions (if any) for registering and joining your Aztech.
- Turn on your Aztech!
Start conserving electricity
The Aztech has the features you need to help raise your energy awareness. It is designed to give feedback about your energy use that you can take immediate action on. For homeowners who want things simple and easy, or those who are interested in using all the information the Aztech provides, there are many ways to save.
Simple and Easy
- The Light Arc is your best friend!
- As energy use increases, the speed of the Light Arc increases.
- As your price of electricity increases, the Light Arc color changes from green to yellow to red (and in some localities, on to magenta and purple).
- Reduce your usage when the Light Arc is moving fast, and when the Light Arc indicates your are in a period of high prices.
- The Quick Read function helps your root out the energy hogs in your home (see Conservation Café for information on how to use this feature).
- Simply do a Quick read before and after you turn on an appliance (try this during different price periods) and record the difference.
- Reduce the use of high consumption appliances during high price periods.
- Your Aztech tracks the amount of energy used at each price point, whether you are on Time of Use (TOU) or Block pricing.
- See your electricity usage in dollars and cents, and in kWh.
- Choose from screens with graphs, text or icons.
- Find out how much electricity you have used so far – for the day or the month.
- Use your monthly and daily usage screens to spot your usage trends and start to reduce your usage.
- For solar customers – find out how much electricity you are generating, when you are generating it and how much you are earning.
Success! See the results on your electricity bill
In-Home Displays have been proven to reduce energy usage by up to 10%. Use your Aztech to increase your energy awareness and start saving money.
Please see our FAQ page for answers to the most often asked questions about In-Home Displays, and our User and Configuration Manuals and Conservation Café for more information about conserving electricity with your Aztech.
Height: 3 9/16″ / 9.04 cm (inclusive of Light Arc)
Length: 3 11/16″ / 9.36 cm
Width: 1 7/16″, tapering to 11/16″ just below the Light Arc / 3.65 cm, tapering to 1.74 cm just below the Light Arc
Weight: 5.8 oz / 140 g